Sunday 12 September 2010

Last week we went and took some photos.

I've been working in Barnardos Vintage all summer, getting my kicks out of making big bulk sales to fashion show organisers and sidelining a developing enjoyment of window dressing, store layouts, entertaining and convincing customers and dressing mannequins. Not gonna lie either like - I do get first dibs on all the best bits. (a la satchel bags and designer nick nacks) So.. spurred on by the array of magic finds that people still seem to dismiss as 'upstairs rubbish' I thought I'd dress some dollys, head out on location and take some nice pictures influenced by upcoming autumn winter 2010/11 trends.

The first two trends we looked at are the Country poet trend and the maybe predictable a/w trend of military. I mixed up some Barnardos vintage with some of mum's ageing wardrobe and added some habidashery sprucings, and here are the results...

Siobhan is: Country Poet
Laura is : Military Uniform

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dress: mum's wardrobe circa '97, gloves: barnardos, boots (just seen) Bishops, hair ribbon: habidashery

change o' location

Photobucket


Hat piece, faux fur coat, Shirt, skirt, military badge: all Barnardos Vintage.

These are my favourite editorial(ly) acceptable(ey) pictures of the day. Any photo advice would be amazing, I'm not a photographer like so throw some my way. Never been boss on a shoot day before so was in abit of a tizz but I think pictures turned out quite well. This week I'm hoping to get some more goth glam~esque pictures do 'cos they'll be more fun. Stud fest and bullet belt central. Can't wait!

Geri was there too... hahaha:
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment